Here’s what to expect when you visit Blue Horizon Dental Hygiene for dental hygiene care
- Arrival -
You will be asked to complete our New Patient Paperwork Package which includes details of your overall health history and dental history and several other forms which outline our business practice.
- Health History and Dental History Review -
Together, we will review your health & dental history including an update on your current health status and any medications and supplements which you are taking.
- Initial Exam -
During the initial new patient examination, with your consent, we will
- Gather details of any concerns which you may have.
- Evaluate the soft tissues inside your mouth including an oral cancer screening
- Evaluate of your gums with detailed measurements of attachment for each tooth
- Record the condition of your teeth including any missing teeth and existing fillings or other restorations.
- Treatment -
Based on our dental hygiene diagnosis, we will recommend treatment plan options for you and review cost estimates. Dental hygiene treatment plans vary by individual. In some cases, a few initial appointments are required to “get the mouth to its optimal oral health”.
- Treatments may include: ultrasonic debridement to remove plaque and disrupt biofilm, ultrasonic and hand scaling, polishing, desensitization, and other procedures.
- The treatment plan may also include a follow-up appointment to evaluate the success of your initial treatment and to discuss what future preventive treatment is recommended.
- After that, with consideration to your overall health, recare appointments may be recommended as frequently as every 3 months, or as infrequently as every 12 months. The most common recare intervals are 4 & 6 months.
- If required, we will assist you with a referral to your dentist (if you have one), a local dentist (if you don’t have one), dental specialists and other health practitioners for the best possible care to ensure that any other dental needs are addressed in a timely manner to help you to achieve your optimal oral and overall health.
Most major insurance carriers now cover their subscribers for dental hygiene services received at an independent dental hygiene clinic. If preferred, you may inquire directly with your insurance company prior to your appointment to confirm your coverage.
In the near future we hope to provide electronic submission of your insurance forms. Currently Blue Horizon Dental Hygiene is not set up to file your claim electronically. We will gladly assist you by providing a completed claim form for you to submit, however; with the exception of forms for Province of Ontario Assistance Programs, it will be your responsibility to submit the claim form for reimbursement.
- In order to complete your claim form we will require the following information
- the Name of the insurance carrier
- the Group Policy number
- the Certificate or ID number
- the name and date of birth of the policy holder and their relationship to the client
Our office is inside the beautiful new building on 1 Huron St in Collingwood. Enter via the Rexall entrance and take either the stairs or elevator to the 3rd floor.
See you soon!